- For the Batter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- For the French Toast
- 8oz cream cheese
- strawberries, quartered
- 1 Loaf of sliced la madeleine 7-Grain bread
- powdered sugar
- Maple Syrup
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Batter ingredients: egg whites, egg, milk, salt, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Spray a medium-size skillet with cooking spray.
- Dip both two slices of the bread in the batter. Place in skillet and saute toast over low-medium heat until both sides are golden brown — 2-3 minutes per side.
- Put both slices on a plate and place 2 tbsps of cream cheese on one slice. Spread to cover the entire piece.
- Place 1 tbsp of strawberries and 1 tbsp of blueberries on the cream cheese. Top with the second piece of bread.
- Serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- Bon appétit!