1 package frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, defrosted
4 Tbsps jarred basil pesto sauce, found at your grocery store
½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
2 eggs mixed with 2 Tbsps water, for egg wash
1 jar la Madeleine Tomato Basil soup
OPTIONAL: 4 Tbsps jarred sun-dried tomato pesto, found at your grocery store
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry and place it on a lightly floured board. With a rolling pin, lightly roll the dough until it’s a 13-inch square.
- Using a knife, spread 4 Tbsps of basil pesto over the top of the puff pastry. Fold the sides of the square toward the center so that they go halfway to the middle. Fold them again so the 2 folds meet exactly at the middle of the dough. Then fold one half over the other as though closing a book. You will have six layers.
- Slice the dough into 3/8” slices and place the slices cut side up on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Brush each piece with egg wash and place in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Turn each pastry slice over and continue baking an additional 5 minutes. (Repeat the process with the sun-dried tomato pesto for another flavor option).
- While palmiers are baking heat soup in saucepan until hot.
- Serve your savory palmiers with tomato basil soup as a dipping sauce and bon appétit!