Serving Size: 12 madeleines
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Special equipment: madeleine mold*
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Melt butter over medium heat in a heavy sauce pan, allowing to bubble and foam, stirring frequently. Once the foaming subsides, allow the butter to brown along the bottom and the remove the pan from the heat. Browning will take about 5 minutes total; careful not to burn.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, honey and vanilla with electric mixer until thick and pale. Add the browned butter and hand mix.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry mixture into liquid ingredients, along with zest, just until blended.
- Fill the greased madeleine baking molds* and bake until golden brown, 9 to 11 minutes.
*you may substitute and mini muffin pan for the madeleine molds.