2 lb Bone-in Ribeye
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Course Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Small Red Onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Rub steak with salt and pepper and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Preheat oven-safe skillet and 1 Tbsp oil on medium heat. Add sliced red onions to skillet and stir every 3 min for 15 min until onions are very soft and caramelized.
- Add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and 1 tsp salt to onions and allow moisture to evaporate. Remove onions from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and preheat on high until very hot. Place steak on skillet and sear each side for 2 minutes.
- Place skillet with steak in hot oven for 8 minutes for medium rare, or 10 minutes for medium well.
- Remove skillet from oven and allow steak to rest for 5 minutes before cutting and topping with onion confit.