Franchise la Madeleine
Incredible Brand. Incomparable Opportunity.
Since opening the doors of our first location in 1983, la Madeleine has grown from a single local bakery to a beloved French café concept with approximately 70 locations nationwide. Our plan is to continue growth with new cafés in our existing markets, as well as in new franchise markets.
Our passion for serving handcrafted, crave-worthy country French-inspired dishes makes us a favorite with critics and guests alike. Our casual French home atmosphere and versatile menu makes us the perfect place for any meal or a special afternoon treat. La Madeleine guests are greeted with a friendly “bonjour” and an inviting ambiance where they can relax while enjoying time with friends and family. With a menu that satisfies cravings morning, noon, and night, it’s no wonder our guests keep coming back.
Dedicated. Experienced. Passionate.
It takes a special type of person to be a la Madeleine franchisee.
• Passionate about the la Madeleine brand and our food
• $5 million net worth; liquid assets of $2.5 million
• Dedicated to developing multiple restaurants in a given market
• Excellent knowledge of the local retail real estate market
• Resources to develop and operate at least three (3) bakery cafés in a given territory
• Strong track record as a multi-unit restaurant operator
• Cultural fit
Our Passion Is Your Success
For experienced restaurateurs, la Madeleine presents an exciting, financially sound opportunity to share in a unique concept with great potential. At la Madeleine we pride ourselves on our handcrafted food and ambiance we share with our guests. But behind the scenes we work even harder to provide support to our franchisees to help them grow both their business and the la Madeleine brand.
We understand investing in the la Madeleine name and menu is just part of the equation for you. World-class operations and efficiencies are equally important and la Madeleine has those. Our commitment to you as a franchisee is to constantly work to find better, more efficient and more profitable ways to help you operate your la Madeleine franchise.
• Market evaluation and planning
• Site selection assistance
• LOI and contract negotiation assistance
• In-house real estate resources
• Identifying and securing local representation
• Grand opening assistance
• Store opening and PR resources
• Local marketing support
• Creative support for national promotional events
Operations and Training
• Ongoing field support
• Store opening assistance
• Continuous training
• Extensive six-week training program for Operations Directors, General Managers, and Managers
• Ongoing culinary development
• Supplier and vendor negotiations
• Purchasing assistance for equipment and non-food related items
• Ongoing evaluation of product costs
• Project review and site visits
• Design review
• Establish contractor bidder list
• Prototype design
• Post-construction punch list review
• Monitor construction process
La Madeleine is an ideal tenant who offers a unique concept with a proven track record, traffic throughout all day parts, a loyal customer base, and high sales per square foot.
• Utilities: 800 amp electrical service (120/208 volt, 3 phase, 4 wire); water line of 1.5″; sewer line of 4″
• HVAC: 1 ton per 110 square feet, complete system including ductwork
• Gas service: low pressure/7″ W.C. and 900 to 1100 MBH
• Grease trap: per local codes, stubbed to tenant space with 4″ waste connection
Real Estate: Site Criteria
• Retail end caps or existing free-standing buildings
• Approximately 4,300 to 5,000 square feet with minimum 40′ frontage
• Excellent access and visibility from main road(s)
• At least 50 dedicated parking spaces (suburban sites)
• Minimum ceiling height of 14′ from floor to joist
• Interior seating for 120 – 130 guests
• Dedicated patio for minimum of 20 guests (more patio seating preferred)
• Close proximity to soft goods and high-end retailers
Trade Area Demographic Guidelines
La Madeleine succeeds in both suburban and urban trade areas. Preferred trade area demographics and business characteristics generally consist of the following suburban (urban) site requirements.
Suburban (Urban) Site Requirements
• Population of at least 100,000 people within a three-mile radius (urban: 5,000 within 1/2 mile)
• Daytime employment of at least 75,000 people within a three-mile radius (urban: 20,000 within 1/2 mile)
• Traffic counts in excess of 25,000 cars per day on major roads (urban: heavy foot traffic around site)
• Median household income of at least 65,000 within a three-mile radius
• Target age 25 – 54 or older
• 35% or more of population with a college degree
• 60% or more of daytime employment in white-collar positions
* The materials on this website are for general information only and are not intended as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy a franchise. Certain states and countries regulate the offer and sale of franchises. If you are a resident of one of these states or countries, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with all applicable registration and disclosure requirements.