Franchise la Madeleine
Incredible Brand. Incomparable Opportunity.
Since opening the doors of our first location in 1983, la Madeleine has grown from a single local bakery to a beloved French café concept with approximately 70 locations nationwide. Our plan is to continue growth with new cafés in our existing markets, as well as in new franchise markets.
Our passion for serving handcrafted, crave-worthy country French-inspired dishes makes us a favorite with critics and guests alike. Our casual French home atmosphere and versatile menu makes us the perfect place for any meal or a special afternoon treat. La Madeleine guests are greeted with a friendly “bonjour” and an inviting ambiance where they can relax while enjoying time with friends and family. With a menu that satisfies cravings morning, noon, and night, it’s no wonder our guests keep coming back.
Dedicated. Experienced. Passionate.
It takes a special type of person to be a la Madeleine franchisee.
• Passionate about the la Madeleine brand and our food
• $5 million net worth; liquid assets of $2.5 million
• Dedicated to developing multiple restaurants in a given market
• Excellent knowledge of the local retail real estate market
• Resources to develop and operate at least three (3) bakery cafés in a given territory
• Strong track record as a multi-unit restaurant operator
• Cultural fit
Our Passion Is Your Success
For experienced restaurateurs, la Madeleine presents an exciting, financially sound opportunity to share in a unique concept with great potential. At la Madeleine we pride ourselves on our handcrafted food and ambiance we share with our guests. But behind the scenes we work even harder to provide support to our franchisees to help them grow both their business and the la Madeleine brand.
We understand investing in the la Madeleine name and menu is just part of the equation for you. World-class operations and efficiencies are equally important and la Madeleine has those. Our commitment to you as a franchisee is to constantly work to find better, more efficient and more profitable ways to help you operate your la Madeleine franchise.
Franchise Support & Details
• Market evaluation and planning
• Site selection assistance
• LOI and contract negotiation assistance
• In-house real estate resources
• Identifying and securing local representation
• Grand opening assistance
• Store opening and PR resources
• Local marketing support
• Creative support for national promotional events
Operations and Training
• Ongoing field support
• Store opening assistance
• Continuous training
• Extensive six-week training program for Operations Directors, General Managers, and Managers
• Ongoing culinary development
• Supplier and vendor negotiations
• Purchasing assistance for equipment and non-food related items
• Ongoing evaluation of product costs
• Project review and site visits
• Design review
• Establish contractor bidder list
• Prototype design
• Post-construction punch list review
• Monitor construction process
* The materials on this website are for general information only and are not intended as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy a franchise. Certain states and countries regulate the offer and sale of franchises. If you are a resident of one of these states or countries, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with all applicable registration and disclosure requirements.